Pillar 7: Education, Learning and Skills
of the Regional Strategy for the Stabilization, Recovery & Resilience of the Boko Haram- affected Areas of the Lake Chad Basin Region
What is it about?
Education, Learning and Skills is one of the nine pillars of the Regional Strategy. Access to quality education is globally recognized as essential in preventing violent extremism, building peace and promoting sustainable development. On top of strengthening educational institutions and capacity building, protecting education and promoting the importance of education for women and the youth are equally important.
The Education, Learning and Skills pillar has six strategic objectives:
- Restoring Quality Safe and Inclusive Education: To ensure the restoration and access of equitable education for all women, boys and girls in a safe and secure environment under appropriate civilian authority
- Promoting Professional, Vocational Training and Skills Acquisition: To promote professional technical and, vocational training skill acquisition programmes in line with job market demand
- Reforming the Education Sector: To promote a reformed education system that is based on the local realities
- Promoting Cultural and Social Learning: To promote cultural and social learning for increased interfaith understanding, tolerance and social cohesion
- Developing Education Infrastructures: To develop and improve adequate education infrastructure and ensure safe and secure environment for peaceful education
- Promoting Advocacy and Experience Sharing: To promote advocacy and experience sharing on education between LCBC Member States in the Region